Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Amusing, eh? All this work to get up to the twelfth grade. (And I still can't spell...) Oh, but that's not all. All this: having gained my parents' trust, along with a great relationship with them; having read so much when I was young and written so much since; having worked hard enough in all my classes to think I have a chance of getting accepted at MIT; having attended such wonderful opportunities as Alpha, SRU's writing workshop, and PGSS--Having gained all that responsibility and respect from hard work and trustworthiness, only to return to our beloved school and find that the teachers don't trust us, that you need have no responsibility for your own time, because they're certain you can't make good use of it.

Okay, so honestly, I don't always make good use of time. Take the fact that I'm sitting here typing (with my pinkies sore from writing too much HTML recently and using the shift keys so much) rather than studying or modifying my web pages so they can actually look cool or writing my beloved "Best Left Dead." *shrug* I don't have to make sense, do I? At least I am exercizing my mind much more than I was when I awoke to Narnia's soundtrack this morning. Man, was my mind numb!

I am wondering, though, how much I did wrong on that assignment I just handed in. She was so certain it would take all period. Is it just the phase of the year that I'm good at memorizing stuff suddenly? Is it genetics--do computers just seem an extension of myself, as they seem to for my family?

No comments: