Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quote of the day: "If you don't see people coming, you can't get out of the way." -my roommate

The first of two finals today start in an hour and fifteen minutes, and I feel much better about them than I did last night. Yay for getting perspective and for sleeping! Yay for worship music, too! I really like the stuff from right around 2000; it has more substance than the popular stuff lately. Or it's just more meaningful to me. Maybe that's it.

Anyway. I studied for manufacturing this morning, and I need a 55% to get an A in the class. That's pretty happy and stable. As for calc... I would very much like to get the 89% that keeps me at an A. I think I can do it, but stupid mistakes have cost me 15% on two of the three midterm exams (I got 99.5% on the other). Even so, I'd have to fail it to get a C in the class, so not too much pressure there. (Except that I really want the A. I've enjoyed that class too much to settle for a B.)

Then I can relax tonight and study my eyes out tomorrow for numerical methods on Thursday. All in all, it can't be that bad. I only need a 68% to keep my B in the class, but if I keep up with my consistent 84% in the class, it'll probably become an A with the curve.

Welcome to college reasoning: if I keep doing what I've been doing, it should curve to an A. Go figure. Still going to study my eyes out anyway. I'd be very proud of myself if I got an A in that class!

No comments: