Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Thought I'd come on and complain a bit about English class.

Materials.
C'mon. We're in high school; we shouldn't be working on fragments, run-ons, and comma placement in HONORS ENGLISH!!!! We've done that same thing since seventh grade! Really, there must be something more we can do, like the things that my beta reader keeps saying I mess up on. How 'bout those, because we've never learned that before, and I think it's about time instead of spending THREE DAYS! on fragments, run-ons, comma splices, comma placement, apostrophes, etc. I can understand doing that for regular English, but this is Honors. Last year's teacher didn't even do this, but then again, he had a lot more personality in the class room. (Go Mr. W! No, not the bio Mr. W....) Seriously, correct capitalization is not something I need to work on, nor is any of the other stuff. So let's get to it. Lemme learn something! (By the way, in case you're wondering, yes, I do know that all caps is bad and exclamation points should not be used more than one at a time or in the middle of a sentences, but this isn't formal writing and you can't exactly hear th

No comments: