Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Okay. The story behind this one is that I was listening to my Plus One CD last night for the second time since I got it for Christmas last year (2002) when I got this idea. I just thought these words applied to Jack very well:
If you just look past your scars
You will see it's not that far
Don't close your mind; let God inside
Begin to breathe; start to fly.
I was trying to decide whether I'd put this one on fanfic.net. Then I heard this song this morning (same CD):
I don't care what it takes
I don't care who it shakes
I don't care what they say
I'm gonna do it your way.
Even if I'm afraid
Don't wanna make you look fake
I don't care about anything
It's not about me!
So when I get more written, it's going on ff.net.


Jack flipped the radio from an annoying country station to a station with a great beat and a wonderful guitar solo, but as soon as the words began, he flipped back.

Teal'c, sitting in the passenger's seat, cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. "What is the matter, O'Neill?"

He shrugged, keeping his eyes on the road. "Don't like that kind of rock."

The Jaffa leaned forward and flipped back. After a couple minutes of listening and several of the colonel's attempts to flip the station, Teal'c finally allowed him to adjust the dial. "Who is this Jesus? I would much like to talk to him."

"Teal'c, he's dead."

"You are incorrect, O'Neill; the singers said he is alive."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well, the guy's not on the planet or any other."

"Are you certain, O'Neill? Perhaps he possesses a sarcophogus."

"Don't think so, Teal'c. Look, maybe you should ask Daniel."

The Jaffa nodded, noting that his friend seemed more short-tempered than usual, and made a mental reminded to asked the archologist.

***

Dr. Jackson looked up from his translation of an artifact stored at Area 51 at the motion he saw out of the corner of his eyes. "Hey, Teal'c. Can I help you with something?"

The Jaffa nodded. "Indeed. During the car ride back to the base after lunch, Colonel O'Neill did not wish to listen to a specific station."

Daniel smiled, glad that Teal'c's question wasn't one of the hard ones to answer. "Jack doesn't really like country music."

"It was not country music, Daniel Jackson; it was, in fact, what he has referred to as 'rock'."

Daniel's eyebrows dropped together. "Well, what was the song? What did it say?"

"It talked about a man named Jesus."

"Oh." The archeologist turned back to his translation. "Jack has a bit of a problem with religion."

"Do you believe this Jesus to be a Goa'uld?"

"No," he replied. "I don't know what I believe."

"What is so different about this man that you don't think he could be a Goa'uld?"

Daniel shrugged, still not looking up at Apophis's former first prime. "I've never heard of a Goa'uld dying on a cross."

"Tell me more about this Jesus."

The linguist finally looked up. "According to the Christians, he was a generally good guy. They say that he then died on a cross and rose again after three days in a tomb."

"You do not belive this," Teal'c stated.

"Like I said, I don't know what I believe."

No comments: