Friday, February 06, 2004

(Inspired by two post-"Chimera" fics and the show itself)

"Major Carter, that is a court-martiable offense!" Hammond declared.

The respected major stood at attention before him in his office, staring blankly ahead. "I understand, sir."

"There's a reason the Stargate is classified information. If word of this got out, we'd have more riots on our hands than in any other time in the history of this planet."

Except maybe when the Goa'uld were thrown off, she thought, but she stayed silent.

"Major Carter, what were you thinking when you told him?"

She drew in a deep breath. "I had promised him that if he survived Osiris's shot, I'd tell him. I don't know what I was thinking, sir. I guess I just wanted him to have some incentive to live so that at least one of my boyfriends would live," she explained slowly.

"I shouldn't have to tell you that that was one of your worst choices."

"Yes, sir."

No comments: