Sunday, December 14, 2003

I feel like writing something creative, some kind of rant or rave so either prepare yourself and settle in for a long battle against any bit of sanity left in you or scroll down to one of the more interesting (or sensible) entries.

Now.

Topic.

The people at my school, but for a few, have no sense of decency.

Look at the *ahem* idiots in my gym class. They take pleasure in trying to hurt people, especially the six girls, with balls. (C'mon, think decent thoughts here; I'm talking soccer balls, despite the fact that they're guys.) And they're cheap little snakes, too. Mr. G. (whose name is shortened for his own protection) assigned them something like fifty push-ups a day, so what do they do? They get in that "plank" or "push-up position" and shake their arms. How pitiful is that? They're supposed to be these sturdy, brawny, I'll-go-save-the-damsel-in-distress men! And there they are, shaking their arms! I mean, you'd think that they'd actually be able to do them! Hey, I'm not so much of a hypocrit as you might think. I never get assigned push-ups, for one. (*angel voice* Because I'm a good little kid and I don't do anything I'm not supposed to. I don't throw balls at people, I don't body slam people, and I don't hit the lights with the kickballs.) And for two, even I can do push-up half decently without having to resort to shaking syndrome.
You know what's really disgusting with them, though? They come in for gym class, *gym class*, with baggy shorts. And when they bend over, you get to see more than you even knew you didn't want to see. Okay, maybe not, but I'll get to that later. Still, I don't want to be bestowed with the knowledge of what color underwear they're wearing today, if it's any different from yesterday. Again, that's just not something I want to see.

Okay, last year, I sat behind a slightly heavier person in science who had a tendancy to wear shirts just long enough to not get her in trouble. Now, let me warn you, I'm completely and totally against the "low rise" jeans. I have a pair that I'll wear occasionally, which bug me. Those aren't exactly the jeans I put on and say "oh, I love the way these fit! What brand are they so I can get more?" Well, last year, they were a little bit more popular that they are now. So whenever this girl in front of me would sit innocently in her chair, I would look up in utter horror to see a plumber's crack! And that's just not right! I mean, and I'm drawing off a discussion in Sunday school this morning, that style looks fine on twigs or models, but why in the world do they make size 22 super low-rise jeans? That's got to be even worse than the girl in front of me!

Another question. I have this shirt with the funniest message on it (with a pic of a dog: "Get your own slippers;" Ted chews on stuff). My friend has the same shirt. Anyway, it's really tight in the chest and I know another girl in my class likes to wear tight shirts as well. WHY??? Oh, by the way, this shirt, it hides about as much as a thin, white sports bra. Admittedly, it has sleeves and goes to my waist, but WHY? What's the point in wearing something like that? You'll have the dregs of the universe clinging to you in seconds. I understand that's what works for the cheerleaders with their uniforms that violate the dress code, but I would much rather be recognized for my writing ability and logic powers. (And not for brains! I take it back! I'm tired of people saying "you're smarter than me!" That's to be my next rant.) I'd rather people knew me as a Goa'uld (literally) than one of those girls that wears so little, you can see everything! (Well, that's not going to happen, is it.)

Oh, and what's with these high school relationships? They're so pointless! I mean, this is the one time in our lives when we're starting to be recognized as real people instead of pets and 90% of the world throws it away by spending our time thinking about gormless nerfherders who think they're the next Einstein? Besides, you're NOT going to be together forever; you'll be among the "lucky" few if your relationship lasts for two weeks, let alone fifty-two. And even then, even if you do go and get married, that doesn't mean you'll be "together forever" either. Just try to last for twenty years. There's always the threat of divorce hanging over your head, even after that.
Now, any of them would say, "Oh, but it'll be fun while it lasts!" Yeah, fun as in triple trouble. First of all, if you're doing anything beyond going to the movies or just the same kind of stuff that you'd do with your other friends (this time you can let your imagination get away; I'm not going to spell it out for you), you need to know that A) you're sinning, B) no one knows when he showered last (just take a peek at his dark, greasy hair), and C) who knows how many other people he *not going there* and what kind of nice, interesting diseases they had.
If you're ... making out *shudder* in the school stairwells (which they do!), you're obviously not going to/didn't get married before you do anything. It says in the Bible that that's a sin. And you say, "Oh, I'll just get forgiven when I'm done." That's another sin. Keep going at this pace, and you might as well invent the time machine, travel back to Calvary, and nail Christ to the cross yourself.
To almost spell B out for you: just look at that greasy hair. He smells like smoke (get there in a minute), and you think he's clean? I'm not known for being clean enough to eat off of, but I think that you're legally insane if you have a will to mess around with anyone that has that low of a level of cleanliness. I, for one, do not want someone sticking his tongue down my throat, especially if it tastes like an ashtray. (Get to that point in a couple minutes.)
And, of course, with AIDS and all those other STDs out there, who in their right mind would *shudder* with random nerfherders (synonem for male teenagers)? I mean, if you're going to do that, you might as well buy a plane ticket to Togo and do as you wish there.

Next. It's no secret that SNEC (my school) has a drug problem. Why else would there be one or two police officers at each school on the campus at any given time? Everyone's heard "drugs are bad," but why do those nerfherders (I have yet to pass a girl who smells like smoke) have to inflict pain on the rest of us "good little angels?" They smoke in the bathrooms by the cafeteria, so whenever I go by them, I have to hold my breath. Of course, you know, I have to pass it, what, five times a day. Then there's a nerfherder that comes into one of my classes (with assigned seats) and sits next to me. He literally smells like the burning end of either a cigarette or pot. Ever seen Pigpen on Charlie Brown? That's about what this guy's like; he has his own personal cloud of smoke. And, yeah right he's using that hall pass to go to the restroom! Especially when he comes back so heavily adorned with the scent that scooting as far away from him as possible doesn't help. I've almost considered asking Z. next to me to trade seats. I'd be so happy!

Back to the other thing. (Not THAT other thing, you insane person!) PDA. Public displays of affection. It's not allowed in SNEC, and I'm not complaining about that. But since it's not allowed, you would think that people would enforce that, but noooo. They just look the other way. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to get to my classes and I have to get by this couple that always stands in the door and kisses. Now, I've seriously considered whacking them with my lunchbox (bad cafeteria food, the basis of the description of alim'to). In fact, Mr. B. said that I could. He wouldn't stop me. (He didn't, however, promise me that I wouldn't get in trouble.) It's just that I don't want to see people standing in the halls and pretending they're on some kind of TV show that centers around them and their relationships. Aka, I don't want to have to see French kissing! I don't care if they do it like every other minute on TV, life is not TV. (And they rarely have it on Stargate, so hah. Thank goodness for military regs!) I don't want to see sloppy smooches on the cheeks, either. Couldn't a friendly hug suffice until you get out of school and away from me? Maybe I'm a little bias here, some primordial jealous nature that surfaces for the mere reason that I do not have (or care for) a boyfriend. Granted that, even if I did, I would think that I'd have the self-control needed to JUST hug. (Aren't my parents so proud? Good for them.)

Related to that, I hate seeing couples walking down the hall in front of me. I'll be the first to admit I have a fairly quick pace when I'm trying to get to my classes, but I can slow down... a little. But meandering along right down the middle of the walkway (or large groups of friends for that matter) is rather annoying. I understand that you only have two doors down to go for your next class and that you want to make every second of it count, but could you stop staring deep into eachother's eyes long enough to get there, wait outside the door for your parting sentiments or walk by the wall so that others, like me, can get by?

No comments: