Friday, April 09, 2004

Ah, yes, I forgot to come back and explain the significance of Miroku's face... Well, let's see... I remember that now! (It's so going up on my pictures website if and when I get one! You see, besides the obvious physical similarities between the InuYasha (TM) character Miroku and Orlando Bloom as Will Turner (especially with the fair skin and slanting shoulders), the personality of the actor and Miroku fit perfectly. (see second paragraph of Thursday, March 11) Put it this way: According to this source, Orlando Bloom's an idiot when it comes to members of the opposite sex, as is Miroku. They're both sidekicks to much better-looking characters (Johnny Depp as Cpt. Jack Sparrow and Inuyasha, respectively).

Anyway, back to the reason why I got on today, besides the fact that I'm sitting at my mom's office for the next couple hours, and I finished any semblance of homework: I need to brainstorm ideas for "Leap to SG-1".

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Well, from where I am now, I suppose I need to accomplish a couple things. First of all, I need to dream up an explanation for why Al's there, which could be accompanied by the fact that this is obviously in the future from when the show, Quantum Leap, takes place. In case I haven't made that clear, which I suppose I need to do that too, this takes place further in the future than from where Sam B. started. Let's say that the most modern time represented in any way on the show (where Al goes when he's not talking to Sam) is around 1985, conservatively. If my fic takes place in 2003 (despite the fact that Danny's there and the Tok'ra thing seems like it should be more late season 4 or early season 5), that's way in the future for even the future-most part of Quantum Leap. So. I figured that the program continued (and yet, not even the SGC with it's top clearence or whatever knows about it) and is under new administration, new staff, new building, etc.

I've also been asked to include Jacob, which could work out very well. In the end, I want to have some kind of connection between the Tok'ra and the Quantum Leap program... Or maybe...! (Don't read this if you don't want to know the very end.) Maybe the Quantum Leap program goes offworld and fixes things in the Goa'uld/Tok'ra's past, which could cause some things to work out in favor of the Tok'ra or Tau'ri. Maybe Jennifer could ascend and convince the Ancients not to let Anubis ascend, therefore killing him for all time, leaving Abydos intact, the system lords still fighting, and the Lost City unfound. In subsequent chapters or a sequel, I could explore possibilities for alternate realities generated by QL involvement with Goa'uld/Tok'ra history and what changes it might bring about for future/past generations of the SGC (I have a feeling only past generations of history would be affected by any changes, leaving the SGC's generation untouched. It's a complicated idea that requires a diagram for proper explanation... Grr, blogger!)

Yes. So. In the less distant future, I need to finish up the conversation between Jack, Teal'c, and Jen(n) by probably having Jen(n) getting some little itty bitty morsel of information out of Jack. Then she needs to relay that to Al and Sam, who by then, are locked up in the brig, soon to be visited by General Hammond, shortly after Jennifer arrives! And voila, Wonderhair!

...I'm going to go write something and drink Dr. Pepper. Might be back later... Might not... This brainstorming session is over. To continue, please insert six quarters in the quarter slot of the milk machine.

No comments: