Thursday, September 21, 2006

So... I've gotten complaints that I don't update often enough, and since I said I would during the "activity period" today and never did, I'll go now.

PHysics--boring as usual; went over circular motion for a while then started programming our SAM-bots. We had just typed in a piece of program when the bell rang. I was late to purpose.

Purpose--Not much here. Added a couple phrases in "Shogakun" and started getting ready to send "Take Care" to F&SF. I'll work on it more next week. Just wish it were quiet in there so I could work.

German--Not used to seeing nude mermaid pictures. Not sure I want to be used to it, either. All well.

Webpage--Good class for multitasking. I read "Shogakun" *and* did my work; the teacher goes too slow. Waaaaay too slow. Maybe it'll be better next semester.

English--What's his name keeps poking me. I am so going to flip out one of these times. I warned him, so it's not really all *that* uncalled-for. Presentation tomorrow about the perfect school. Only two-thirds of our group actually contributed. We tried, but the other girl didn't talk. Her loss, hopefully.

Calc--Russo wasn't there today. Made me sad; the student teacher is incredibly boring. Russo can at least disguise the fact that you're going over old material by using humor. The student teacher thought we'd never gone over it before. I worked on tonight's homework all period.

Acting--I was so looking forward to it, but alas, today was picture day, so the juniors took over the auditorium, which meant we couldn't do our stage fighting. :( So we played Mafia in the chorus room with a deck of cards we weren't supposed to have.

Econ--slow. But I guess that's okay. The teacher's entertaining, at least, so it's not so bad. I got my life somewhat organized, at least, as much as I can without actually doing anything. He says this chapter's hard, but that's only because we're working with graphs and their applications to real life and the explanatory variable is on the y-axis, which is stupid. C'est la vie.

Forgot to remake the Halloween invitations. All well, Maybe I"ll do it over the weekend. But I did at least engineer two fake people for the party. One is an ominous figure in all black with a mask, so without looking carefully, you can't tell whether it's a real person or not. I attached to him the hand I usually hang from the ceiling and the "bloody" sword with a trigger so that when someone moves one of the chairs, the sword should move. But it doesn't work, as is true with most of my MacGyverisms. The other is a white ghost I usually have on the ground. She's hanging this year, though, complete with dangling high-heeled shoes.

I was thinking I might be a pirate this year, but I went with faerie instead (can't spell that word anymore). It's cool. Soft, black dress with teal, lace sleeves and curly, sheer, black, sparkling wings. It has potential.

Okay, I didn't mean to get on here, so I'm going to go to sleep. Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that school is at least normal in the boring sesnse of the word.

Though, I'm not sure I get why you have to "remake the Halloween Party invitations". Wrong house? Wrong day? Not sure if it is on any consequence, but IF you changed the day of the party to the first weekend in November (like last year) I still can't be there. I am apparently an actor and we have a show to put on. As a Bard, I am obliged to entertain.

As for the word "fairy": "Fairy" is modern English, "fairie" is Old English, and possibly French (i.e. Norman), and Faery is the traditional Celto-Gaelic spelling, with proper English translation. (i.e., in Celtic/Gaelic nations, it is spelled Faery, though that is still and English word. In Gaelic they are the Sidhe.)