Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Trapped. Restricted. They (the "establishment," to pull from sixties terminology) must realize that all the rules, the regulations, the interruptions in the midst of tests that come on the most inconvenient days, are succeeding in making me despise a whole lot of things. Crowds. Honestly, I can only stand them in certain situations. Like Creation. I don't really mind crowds there. Well, I do, but I don't mind them as much as I do here, where everyone stumbles down the halls in semi-living stupors.

Really, I just hate reading In Cold Blood, and I know I'm supposed to have the last... 30 pages read by fifth period. If it were by Tamora Pierce or Wen Spencer, I know I'd have no trouble whatsoever. But authors with more complex writing, such as Timothy Zahn or Frank Herbert, their books take longer. And authors with boring writing and dry subjects, well, their works are just impossible. But I guess that's what nonfiction's for--making sure you're still able to read the most impossible literature on the face of the planet. I'm just griping. We have this whole stupid mandatory reading thing yet to go, and I actually have material I have to read during it. But when I'm done, if my muse returns, they can't stop me. The whole point of the reading time is so that we can do better on the PSSAs. Well, surprisingly enough, I didn't do as well on writing as anything else--there was one area I didn't score "advanced" in. Therefore, it would be logical to conclude that my "sentence" during this time should be to write, no?

On a brighter note, if people would just leave me alone and if I had nothing better to do, I'd be done with my senior paper by now. One of the next things we need to do is find six valid sources for information, all in varied media. Well, whahoo. I've got seven webpages, three pdf's, two books, a magazine, four reference books, and a list of six plausible contacts for interviews. I think I'm set, and that's not even been assigned yet. I think it's due October 19th. lol. Put the word "science fiction" in something, and I'm biting at the bit to finish. But, alas, inclusion classes must progress at the pace of their slowest members, and we only work on senior project one day a week. Three days are for "modern humanities" and one day is reserved for artists. I'm bored.

On an even brighter note, Timothy Zahn made it into the refrence books I was looking in this morning, as did Frank Herbert, Arthur C. Clark, and H.G. Wells. Tamora Pierce isn't there yet.

So... I should get back to the murder story. I have an essay to write on it tonight and no time in which to do it. I also have a math test after English that I didn't study for. But I swear I did homework all afternoon yesterday! I just have so little to show for it...

No comments: