Thursday, July 10, 2003

I'm still enjoying staying at Slippery Rock. I got really inspired in Poetry class this morning and wrote a poem about paranoia that I'll share with you. It's called "THEM."
Something's here./No, someone./ Empty basement,/ void of life./ Me and Ted,/ we're not alone.
Still shadows./ A noise./ I jump./ Air conditioning.
Swinging string,/ yards away./ Silence burning/ in my ears.
Until
The someone/ hates silliness./ CD player skips.
Three of us./ Not alone./ Someone else:/ a fourth./ Their spouse?
Living near/ a cemetary./ New house.
Number four./ He likes us./ Helps us./ Fixes things./
His wife./ She likes Mom./ Not me./ I should leave.

Feel free to tell me what you think. It's still a work in progress. Maybe tomorrow, I'll share the one about my dog. Later.

No comments: