Thursday, July 17, 2003

Well, this is my last entry from SRU. Tomorrow, we showcase everything we did these past two weeks and then run away for the comfort of sleeping in a/c. (Harner Hall isn't air conditioned and my roommate turned my fan off.) I think I've written more poems this week than I have in the seventh and eighth grades (summer in between included) combined.
I got enough courage to speak at the Java Rock cafe last night and I read my poems "Hard Way" and "True Love From a Tramp" as well as the introduction to "Reeses." I might submit these to SOTI to publish them on the web, but I'm not sure. (Site's www21.brinkster.com/ceono unless they change it.) There was so much cigarette smoke in that one room that I got a headache as well as the inspiration for another poem, "Baka." (In case you don't know, Baka is the Japanese word for idiot or moron, both of which are used in my poem.)
Well, I may come on every now and then and say stuff, but until I feel like talking again, have a good day and a nice life!

No comments: